I have a background in law and public policy but was trained as a professional economist at Boston University and the Stockhom School of Economics, where I defended my dissertation under the supervision of Jörgen Weibull.
I specialize in industrial organization, the branch of economics which studies market outcomes. I have an interest in competition policy, especially exclusionary practives associated to predatory pricing or the use of vertical restraints, quality regulation and law and economics.
- Competition policy
- Industrial organization
- Law and economics
Most recent publications
- Argenton, C., & Prüfer, J. (2011). Search Engine Competition with Network Externalities. (TILEC Discussion Paper, 2011-024, 2011-024)
- Argenton, C. (2011). Chômage, police et délinquance. Commentaire, no. 135 (Fall 2011) 775-778.
- Andersson, O., Argenton, C., & Weibull, J. (2010). Robustness to Strategic Uncertainty (Replaced by DP 2010-98). (CentER Discussion Paper, 2010-70, 2010-070) pp. 1-32.
- Andersson, O., Argenton, C., & Weibull, J. (2010). Robustness to Strategic Uncertainty (Revision of DP 2010-70). (CentER Discussion Paper, 2010-98, 2010-098) pp. 1-32.
- Argenton, C., & Willems, Bert (2010). Exclusion Through Speculation. (CentER Discussion Paper, 2010-83, 2010-083) pp. 1-28.